Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 A year in review

I am blessed to have been a part of alot of things for the Lord this past year. The year started out and I was barely able to pass out a tract without looking to hide afterward. Then my husband and I were fortunate enough to be able to attend the Ambassadors Academy of Living Waters Ministry out in Los Angeles, CA.

Go to fullsize image


We were a part of a group of 60+ evangelists in training for an intense type of "evangelist boot camp" for three and a half days. We had training from the best of the best in Evangelism. People like Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, E-Z Zwayne, Mark Spence, Tony Miano and others. It was amazing. We had a full day of intense training in the classroom and then the next two days is where the rubber hit the road and we were out on Hollywood blvd and glendale and even Huntington beach pier. I highly recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in learning how to biblically and correctly share their faith. You will not regret it. It truly is life changing, and I am planning to attend again this coming year to be pushed further yet out of my comfort zone. I'm excited to see what the Lord will do this coming year.

Like I said, before the academy, I could barely hand out a tract; but since the academy training and linking up with other like minded evangelist brothers and sisters almost daily via facebook and phone and emails, and was even able to meet another academy graduate from Indiana over the Thanksgiving holiday to go out as a team and witness and share the gospel. I have learned a lot this year and have really grown in my evangelism. Most recently I have had the honor of being a "fisherman" for the internet radio show called Ambassadors Alliance radio, which is hosted by Tony Miano, the director of the Ambassadors Academy, and an amazing evangelist himself. I was able to speak with a young lady named Katie and a young man named Cody and give them tracts, new testaments and the gospel. The experiences have really been a blessing in that I am more eager to get out there and do this type of thing more and more. Also since the academy I have handed out probably thousands of tracts at parades, for Halloween and just in general, as well as Open Air preached on several occasions. I have grown alot I think this last year and traveled out of my comfort zone in evangelism more than once. It always amazes me how God can and will use us if we only avail ourselves to be his willing vessels.

I dont say all this to say "look at me, see what I've done this year" but to encourage those who were like i was at the beginning of this year....those who can barely get up the courage to hand out a tract. I still get nervous and scared, but you have to just get over it and do it. Just do it. You will be amazed how God will use you when you are willing. Not only will you be a blessing to someone else, but you will even see that you are blessed by watching someone else be blessed.

In closing, I am very excited to see what the Lord has in store for 2010. I pray it is more stretching and pushing me further out of my area of comfort and more into the evangelist He wants me to be. I do it all "4 His Glory". :-)

(if you have never considered going to the Ambassadors Academy, let me encourage you to do so, you will never regret it. For more information go to www.livingwaters.com )

Let this video inspire you to go and fulfill the Great Commission!

No comments:

Post a Comment