Friday, January 29, 2010

It Was An Honor



I apologize for not updating this blog sooner, my family had some medical issues to take care of; however things are looking to slow down now, I hope, so I can get back to my blog posts among other things. I receive Ray Comfort's blog via email called "Atheist Central" and today this photo was on his blog. Apparently the atheists cannot let an opportunity pass by to belittle Ray and Kirk for their faith in God and their love for the lost. Ray, as usual, is not dismayed, he takes it all with a wonderful sense of humor. God bless him and his ministry for all they do so selflessly.

I wanted to post the other side of the coin today, and tell you what an honor, a true honor, it was to be even a small part of that amazing project called "Origin into Schools".

Origins into Schools was a project where Darwin's book "The Origin of species" (which is public domain) was reprinted with a 50 page gospel presentation added to the beginning of the book. It was handed out free of charge on 100 + campuses nationwide this last fall during the 150th Anniversary of the book.

My husband and I were given the honor of leading the team that went to the Washington University campus in St. Louis. I would do it again in an instant. It was a lot of work but such a blessing to us, our team and to the students and faculty on the campus. Not only on the Wash U campus, but many other campuses around the country and even into England. There were, of course, some who didn't want us there that day, but many more thanked us for the book and were happy to get it. All in all, over 125,000 people were given the gospel of Jesus that day. It never ceases to amaze me what God can do with a willing vessel if we will allow Him to use us. It was a privilege to be part of the Wash U team that went out to do this and to be a part of the project itself, and most of all to serve my Lord and Savior that day in that way. I look forward to future opportunities to work with people like Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron while serving our Lord. Thank you to all the staff at Living Waters for being willing to serve. God Bless.

For more information on Origins project and the gospel please visit www.livingwaters.com

1 comment:

  1. "My husband and I were given the honor of leading the team that went to the Washington University campus in St. Louis. I would do it again in an instant"

    Glad to see you said that.. :)

    ReplyDelete